Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Oh My Ghost - Review


Lately I haven't been drawn to any new Kdramas for the first time after a not-so-short hiatus. I'm actually not sure why there's been such a shift in my normal watching routine. I did watch Oh My Ghost a couple of weeks ago and it was surprisingly addicting.



For the most part Oh My Ghost has a simple yet intriguing plot line. The basic premise is that there is a shy and low self-esteem sous chef named Bong-Sun who can see ghosts. Soon-Ae is a ghost who does not have much time left on earth. Sun-Woo is the owner and head chef that Bong-Sun has a crush on. One day, Soon-Ae inhabits Bong-Sun's body and Sun-Woo starts to notice her. 

Though there is a tinge of sadness as there are two female leads, I actually liked both a lot. The ending isn't my normal favorite type, but overall I was satisfied. Warning, there may have been a few teary eyes along the way. 


Something I really liked about this drama were how invested I was involved with the side characters (mainly Soon-Ae's father, brother, and friend the shaman) and how much I wanted there to be closure. 


The mystery in this drama was also very well developed. My favorite character was Soon-Ae because she was so spunky and brought so much personality to the at first boring Bong-Sun. Bong-Sun also changed throughout the drama after meeting Soon-Ae. They were really good for each other. Sun-Woo's chemistry with the leading lady was also really awesome.

This drama reminded me of 49 Days (same concept with ghost inhabiting a host body), but for some reason I liked the conclusion for this one much better. Maybe it was due to expectations. I went into this drama with no expectations of a super sweet ending and all was well. If you like dramas with a bit of mystery and a spunky lead that isn't afraid to fight for her happy ending, give this one a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment